This week’s theme: ‘Marsupitoons’
(1) What is the name of the bettong who appears as an occasional character in The Guardian’s ‘First Dog on the Moon’ cartoon? (bonus: what is the name of the bandicoot character?).
Answer: Fiona the Unemployed Bettong / aka Fiona the Precariously Employed Bettong (bonus: The ABC Interpretive Dance Bandicoot)
(2) What frenetic marsupial made his official debut in a short 1954 Warner Brothers cartoon, which also featured Bugs Bunny?
Answer: Taz, the Tasmanian devil.
(3) What best-selling video game franchise begins on a beach the fictitious Wumpa Islands, an archipelago south east of Australia? (bonus: what is the name of the beach?)
Answer: Crash Bandicoot (bonus: N. Sanity Beach).
(4) In the Magic Pudding, what is the name of Bunyip Bluegum’s be-whiskered uncle?
Answer: Uncle Wattleberry.
(5) What 1990s US animated TV series starred an immigrant wallaby as the main character, whose sidekicks were Heifer, Filbert and Spunky?
Answer: Rocko’s Modern Life.