This week’s theme: ‘World Environment Day’
(1) In what year was the first World Environment Day celebrated?
(2) What is the theme for the 2020 World Environment Day? (bonus: what was the theme in 2019?).
Answer: ‘Biodiversity’ (bonus: ‘Beat Air Pollution’).
(3) What country is the official host of the 2020 World Environment Day? (bonus: what country was the 2019 host?)
Answer: Colombia, in partnership with Germany (bonus: China).
(4) World Environment Day has only ever been hosted once by Australia, in 2000. What was the host city?
(5) Which of the following is NOT also celebrated in the US on 5 June? (a) National Donut Day (b) National Moonshine Day (c) National Veggie Burger Day (d) Take Your Dog to Work Day (e) National Gingerbread Day.
Answer: (d) Take Your Dog to Work Day (held on 26 June).